Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Monster Mania!!!

This past week, I introduced Oregon artist James DeRosso to my students.  They all had something to say about his silly monster sculptures!    
             
Every grade will be making a variation of Monsters, but 4th and 5th Graders will be making monsters out of clay just like James DeRosso!  I am lucky enough to have a Kiln at my school and now that I have gotten used to it over the past year, I am ready to put it to a lot of use!  



This class watched the video of James DeRosso and then watched as I demonstrated how to make a Pinch Pot.  I showed them how we are going to take the pot, turn it on its side and the opening becomes the mouth!  

We went over the 4 S's 

Scratch
Slip
Secure
Smooth 

 Students attached monster teeth, eyeballs, horns etc to their heads.  I have them put them on a board by the color table they sit at so I can try and keep them organized for a quick return!  
Stay Tuned for more Monster Projects!!!
Click Here to see the finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment